Morris and the Meows perform Stray Cat Strut
Today was the opening day of the annual Friends of the Library book sale in Macon. It’s a massive affair with two buildings full of used books from every category you can think of. I look forward to this sale every year and I usually try to go on opening day to score the best books. Today was no exception and I managed to do quite a bit of damage in only an hour and a half.
Totals from Day 1: 29 books for $43.
Most of them are paperbacks and a few are hardbacks that have been withdrawn from the library, all of them in good condition, all of them were $2 or less.
I ❤ books + bargains!!!
Visions of Sugar Plums: Janet Evanovich
Ten Big Ones: Janet Evanovich
Eleven On Top: Janet Evanovich
To the Nines: Janet Evanovich
Lean Mean Thirteen: Janet Evanovich
The Other Side of the Sun: Madeleine L’engle
The Hard Way: Lee Childs
Magdelena the Sinner: Lillian Faschinger
Every Secret Thing: Laura Lippman
Human Croquet: Kate Atkinson
Death in Bloodhound Red: Virginia Lanier
Paradise Alley: Kevin Baker
The Last Camel Died at Noon: Elizabeth Peters
The History of Love: Nicole Krauss
The Paperboy: Pete Dexter
Run: Ann Patchett
The Great Fire: Shirley Hazzard
Great Expectations: Charles Dickens
Dictionary of the Khazars: Milorad Pavic
On Chesil Beach: Ian McEwan
The Club Dumas: Arturo Perez-Reverte
The Dogs of Babel: Carolyn Parkhurst
The Ape Who Guards the Balance: Elizabeth Peters
Ice Hunt: James Rollins
The Moor’s Last Sigh: Salman Rushdie
Away: Amy Bloom
The Secret History: Donna Tartt
After Dark: Haruki Murakami
A Good House: Bonnie Burnard
I’m going back tomorrow for round 2! Somebody needs to go hide my keys and cash RIGHT NOW.
Should have posted these last weekend but I was too busy gawking at the snow.
We got about 3- 4 inches last weekend which is a very rare occurence for Georgia. This happened last Friday. Tomorrow is Friday, one week later, and it’s going to be almost 65 degrees……..
Oh well, it was beautiful while it lasted!
There are quite a few books on my shelf that qualify for as chunksters! This lovely challenge is being hosted over at Chunkster Challenge.
My category is going to be “Do These Books Make My Butt Look Big?”. This means I am on the hook to read four chunksters to complete this challenge!
1. The Way the Crow Flies: Anne-Marie MacDonald (722 pages)
2. The Charlemagne Pursuit: Steve Berry (528 pages)
3. The Secret History: Donna Tartt (559 pages)
Glad to see this challenge is back this year. I attempted it in 2009 but never finished it. I read a lot in this genre so maybe this is my year to finish it.
This one is hosted at Book Chick City.
And the rules are:
Timeline: 01 Jan 2010 – 31 Dec 2010
• You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
• If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the links I have set up below with the buttons to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.
• If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.
• You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
• There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.
1. The Charlemagne Pursuit: Steve Berry
2. Tripwire: Lee Child
3.Running Blind: Lee Child